Store: Chico Mall Management Office
Type: Full Time
Contact: To apply for this position please email your resume to Natasha Shelton at email@example.com
Position Summary: The Operations Manager will have overall accountability for the operations of the assigned property/ies and will operate the center/s in accordance with Centennial policies and standards with the goal of improved profitability. The Operations Manager will have thorough understanding of mechanical systems, construction practices, and preventative maintenance and government regulations as it impacts commercial real estate operations. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of operating best practices and implications to short and long term financial performance. OMs administer the physical operations of the center, oversees general and preventative property maintenance, construction coordination, public safety, housekeeping and other services which may or may not be contracted. This position is also responsible for forecasting property expenses, managing capital projects, preparing operational reports, managing physical risks, assisting with specialty leasing and marketing programs and events and identifying and resolving Human Resources issues under the direction of the GM and consistent with Centennial policies. This position will focus on fine tuning operational methods for the center with the overall goal of improving NOI (Net Operating Income) performance for the property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise Centennial maintenance employees to ensure maximum performance and compliance with Centennial policy and procedure with tools and guidance as provided by Insperity and Centennial.
- Identify and resolve Human Resources issues in conjunction with Insperity, the GM and SVP of Asset Management.
- Operate effective general and preventative maintenance programs, by implementing and integrating Net Facilities, the computerized maintenance management software, into daily operations of the entire mall team.
- Supervise and administer all tenant and landlord construction.
- Direct and manage center supplies stream and services provided by contractors.
- Prepare, monitor and manage center expenses for capital, CAM and utilities to support the annual business plan and budget, and periodic forecasts and reports.
- Interface with Avid Exchange and the Accounts Payable team to ensure accurate timely payment of maintenance and capital invoices.
- Identify and manage capital projects
- Conduct operational audits for safety, standards and compliance.
- Provide timely response to reporting and information requests from regional, corporate and/or owner’s representatives.
- Assist in events, promotions, specialty leasing, activations and media activities.
- Administer all state, federal and local requirements, with support from Insperity.
- Plan, maintain and practice effective emergency communications and response, including the Store Alert system.
- Proactively manage risk by enforcing contracts, maintaining accurate up to date COIS (certificates of insurance) and documentation files, and always subscribing to Centennial operating standards.
- Oversee the waste management and recycling contract and tenant program.
- Proactively communicate with tenants and respond promptly to all tenant inquiry.
- Maintain the fire and life safety systems according to code and in a manner to protect all building occupants.
- Liaise and build relationships with city and state inspectors, building departments and fire inspectors.
- Oversee operations administration by bidding and contracting for supplies and services as provide in Centennial policies.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Managing Customer Focus – Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
Managing People – Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
Planning and Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Write speeches and articles using innovative techniques. Make persuasive presentations on complex topics to management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Working knowledge of computer software and peripherals with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Certificates and Licenses:
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employee(s) at mall property (Direct Reports may include: Assistant Facilities Manager, maintenance staff, engineers, HVAC technicians, food court employees and/or security staff. These reports may be direct Centennial employees or contracted employees).Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is required to rotate weekend duty assignment with the mall management staff and will be required to work a variety of shifts from time to time, and is required to support emergency response needs 24 hours per day/7 days per week, preferably with a response time under 30 minutes.
The noise level is normally high.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.